Episode 26 of the Influencer Marketing Lab podcast where I speak with Mark Dandy of Gifta, the brand-to-influencer gifting logistics company
The Influencer Marketing Lab podcast is sponsored by Tagger the data-driven influencer marketing platform and social listening tool.
Welcome to episode 26 of the Influencer Marketing Lab - a weekly podcast tracking the growth spurts and growing pains of influencer marketing.
This week I'm delighted to be in conversation with Mark Dandy, co-founder of Gifta. His company which makes it easy for firms to pair up their brands with the most appropriate influencers for gifting outreach campaigns. Think of it as Birchbox meeting an influencer haul.
Podcast episode highlights
In this episode we discuss:
- The idea behind the brand-to-influencer gifting logistics company
- The tips and tricks used to increase the likelihood of an influencer producing content around the gifted product
- How these efforts yield an influencer post rate of 85% and above against an industry norm of between 60% and 70%
- How ROI is tracked on gifted programmes
Shifting gears we then examine a recent PR week article based on a report which claims: more than half of Instagram influencers 'engaged in fraud', with 45% of accounts 'fake'.
- We ask: does commenting on friends' posts make you complicit in an engagement pod?
- Is machine learning sampling representative?
- And, Is blacklisting an influencer who years ago once bought followers the equivalent of placing them on Santa's naughty step infinitum
- The dangers of blacklisting influencers
- The influencer fraud vigilantes
- Reality TV stars versus social media influencers
- Molly-Mae Hague: influencer evolution with Mark Dandy of Captivate Influence
Mark Dandy biography
Mark Dandy worked at leading agency Social Chain heading up influencer marketing strategies for several global brands before striking out on his own.
Mark is the founder and Managing Director of Captivate Influence a specialist social media and influencer marketing agency focused on improving education within the influencer space for both influencers and brands.
Mark is also co-founder of Gifta. His company makes it easy for firms to pair up their brands with the most appropriate influencers for gifting outreach campaigns.
Subscribe to the Influencer Marketing Lab podcast
Want to get notified of new episodes directly on your phone? Subscribe to the Influencer Marketing Lab on your favourite app!