Scott Alec Barton Guthrie
Hello, I’m Scott.
Thank you for taking the time to find out more about me. It's called an 'about me' page, but really the page is about you and how I can help you grow your business.
How I can help your business
I help companies grow in three ways:
1. Influencer Marketing - Offering strategic advice and practical know-how to brands, agencies and platforms about influencer marketing best practice.
2. Personal influence - Helping subject matter experts earn influence within their niche both on and offline through personal branding, social selling and thought leadership.
3. Content strategy - Developing and implementing plans for companies seeking to influence audiences by creating, publishing, and promoting useful, usable content.
I have written chapters for four business books:
- PR Stack
- Future Proof
- Future Proof vol II
- Platinum: The Chartered Institute of Public Relations at 70
Insight and commentary
My work and industry thoughts have been featured in:
- Public Relations and Communications Agency (PRCA)
- PR Place
- PR Moment
- PR Week
- Spin Sucks
Qualifications & memberships
- Master of Business Administration
- BA (Hons.)
- PROSCI change management certificate
- Inbound Marketing certificate
- Content Marketing certificate
- Council member of the Public Relations and Communications Association (CMPRCA)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (MCIPR)
How did I get here?
I've worked with influencer marketing platforms. With global PR agencies - Digital Director, Influencer Relations at Ketchum. And with regional leaders - Communications Consultant at iSentia - the leaders in business intelligence products in Southeast Asia and Australia.
I have twenty years’ experience assisting companies within the business intelligence and financial services industries creating positive business environments and navigating reputational challenges.
I believe that placing purpose at the heart of business is the only sure-fire way to thrive in business.
I have extensive commercial experience heading functions ranging from media relations, client services and operations to product management and marketing across industries including communications and financial services.
I was responsible for the company’s core product in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Never miss a blog post
Sign me up to receive every blog post via email.
Thanks again for taking the time to get to know me. And thanks for reading down to the bottom of the page. If you've got any questions or would like to work together please get in touch through the contact page.