Episode 4 of the Influencer Marketing Lab podcast where I speak with Mark Dandy of Captivate Influence
The podcast is sponsored by Tagger the data-driven influencer marketing platform and social listening tool.
Welcome to episode 4 of the Influencer Marketing Lab - a weekly podcast tracking the growth spurts and growing pains of influencer marketing.
This week I'm in conversation with Mark Dandy, founder and managing director of influencer marketing agency, Captivate Influence.
Through our discussion we cover the importance of sharing failures as well as sharing success stories to help professionalise the influencer marketing industry. And, how the whole influencer ecosystem can be used as a control loop to execute more effective campaigns over time.
We look, too, at Molly-Mae Hague, former Love Island contestant and what we can learn from her about the diversification and evolution of social media influencers.
In our interview we cover:
For a full breakdown of discussion points turn to the episode's chapter markers.
- The challenges facing small, independent influencer marketing agencies
- Why influencer marketing is sometimes the first channel to get cut from marketing budgets - and what to do about it
- The importance of sharing failures as well as sharing success stories to help professionalise the influencer marketing industry
- How the whole influencer ecosystem can be used as a control loop to execute more effective campaigns over time.
- More thoughts on whether micro influencers should be repositioned as alpha consumers.
- Whether fast-fashion influencers are more likely to place Profit before passion when creating content.
- 25% -30% of all fashion items bought online are returned - how wannabe influencers are accelerating this headache for online retailers.
- The pulling power of Love Island contestants in shifting product.
- Molly Mae Hague as great use case in the evolution of the influencer.
- Why some brands are looking to creators for content not community.
- Who owns IP and image rights of influencer-generated content
- Are influencer unions a good idea?
Mark Dandy background
Mark Dandy worked at leading agency Social Chain heading up influencer marketing strategies for several global brands before striking out on his own.
Mark is the founder and Managing Director of Captivate Influence a specialist social media and influencer marketing agency focused on improving education within the influencer space for both influencers and brands.
Subscribe to the Influencer Marketing Lab podcast
Want to get notified of new episodes directly on your phone? Subscribe to the Influencer Marketing Lab on your favourite app!