Episode 10 of the Influencer Marketing Lab podcast where I speak with Anne Dolischek of South African strategic influencer marketing agency Nfluential.
The podcast is sponsored by Tagger the data-driven influencer marketing platform and social listening tool.
Welcome to episode 10 of the Influencer Marketing Lab - a weekly podcast tracking the growth spurts and growing pains of influencer marketing.
This week I'm in conversation with Anne Dolinschek. Anne heads up South African strategic influencer marketing agency Nfluential.
An in-demand media commentator Anne has appeared on South African television and radio shows. She has also made the front cover of Journal of Strategic Marketing.
In our interview we cover:
For a full breakdown of discussion points turn to the episode's chapter markers.
- Influencer fraud and celebrity
- The maturation process for measuring ROI in South Africa
- How 1-in-3 influencers in South Africa don't sign any brand collaboration agreement and the potential reputational damage this presents for both brand and creator
- The 43% of influencers in South Africa who either don't wait at all or wait only one month before working with competitor brands
- Shift from PR agencies to a hybrid model of specialist influencer marketing agencies working in partnership with generalist PR firms.
Anne Dolinschek background
Anne Dolinschek describes herself as a gladiator in a pencil skirt with a focus on the influencer marketing and Public Relations.
Her education and experience are steeped in communications with a BCom: Communication Management degree a leading University in South Africa.
She has vast experience in traditional and digital public relations with some of South Africa's biggest PR agencies.
Her love for connecting brands with consumers through alternative platforms has led to joining South Africa’s number one influencer marketing group and heads the boutique agency Nfluential.
Since joining, Anne Dolinschek has been invited as an expert on the influencer marketing industry to appear on eNCA shows Maggs on Media and The Fix; PowerFM’s Thought Council and on Rifelwe Moloto’s Cape Talk show.
As a guest speaker at The Social Media Conference and #ModernMarketingTrendCamp, Anne hopes to educate brands and marketers in the industry.
She was featured on the cover of Journal of Strategic Marketing and you can also find Anne’s opinion pieces regularly featured on The Media Online, Modern Marketing and Media Update.
Anne Dolinschek is also the host of the podcast: Coffee Conversations about Influencer Marketing.