Episode 14 of the Influencer Marketing Lab podcast where I speak with Dr Sevil Yesiloglu of UAL's LCC about her new influencer marketing book
The Influencer Marketing Lab podcast is sponsored by Tagger the data-driven influencer marketing platform and social listening tool.
Welcome to episode 14 of the Influencer Marketing Lab - a weekly podcast tracking the growth spurts and growing pains of influencer marketing.
This week I'm in conversation with Dr Sevil Yesiloglu senior lecturer in Advertising at London College of Communication, University of the Arts London, UK and editor of new book ‘Influencer Marketing: Building Brand Communities and Engagement’ recently published by Routledge.
In our interview we cover:
For a full breakdown of discussion points turn to the episode's chapter markers.
In this episode we discuss:
- How universities are better preparing students for industry careers through an increased focus on digital advertising - and especially influencer marketing
- We also talk about Sevil's new book ‘Influencer Marketing: Building Brand Communities and Engagement’ recently published by Routledge.
- We spend some time looking at my chapter contribution - Virtual Influencers: More Human than Human where I look at virtual influencers - their evolution, the brand benefits and potential pitfalls of their use.
- We also talk about he component parts of authenticity - and in the context of influencer marketing - the difference between passion authenticity and transparent authenticity. We hear how within academia authenticity is not confined to a real person - making the case for, at least some virtual influencers, to be more authentic than their human counterparts.
- We also talk about the brand advertising's communication journey from monologue to dialogue and onto polylogue.
Useful links from the show
- 'Influencer Marketing: Building Brand Communities and Engagement' published 30 November 2020 by Routledge.
- University of the Arts London
- London college of Communication
- Dr Sevil Yesiloglu on LinkedIn and Twitter
Dr Sevil Yesiloglu biography
Sevil Yesiloglu Ph.D., is a senior lecturer in Advertising at London College of Communication, University of the Arts London, UK.