Episode 16 of the Influencer Marketing Lab podcast where I speak with Rahul Titus, head of influence, Ogilvy
The Influencer Marketing Lab podcast is sponsored by Tagger the data-driven influencer marketing platform and social listening tool.
Welcome to episode 16 of the Influencer Marketing Lab - a weekly podcast tracking the growth spurts and growing pains of influencer marketing.
In our interview we cover:
In this episode we discuss:
- Why 2020 was such a pivotal year for the influencer marketing industry
- The growth of social commerce as part of an 'always on' influence plan
- Celebrities becoming more authentic and participative on socials
- Why 2021 is the year influencer marketers should be bold and show confidence in our discipline
- How influencer marketers can address the influencer pay gap. We dig into Rahul's six stages in the process to become part of the solution to an industry-wide problem
- The need to build a community of influencer marketers to shape the future of our discipline
Rahul Titus biography
Rahul Titus has been a prominent player within influencer marketing right from its’ infancy.
He is the Head of Influence at Ogilvy, having built the influence specialism across the network.
There he is in charge of setting the strategic direction of the Ogilvy influence proposition that covers the full spectrum of influencer work, from celebrities all the way through the power middle and micro-influencers.
Rahul Titus heads up a team of creative experts who are responsible for delivering best in class influencer marketing for clients including Walgreens Boots Alliance, Bacardi, Vans, PlayStation, Unilever, TK Maxx, British Airways and Mattel.
Before joining Ogilvy, Rahul set up and ran MediaCom’s global influencer offering and has also served as Director of Social Talent at the YMU Group (formerly James Grant) looking after some of the world’s leading social-first talent.
Rahul has a degree in Finance and Economics from Christ College and a Masters in Marketing from the University of Manchester.
He has been named one of the Top 50 global players in Influencer Marketing by Taking Influence in both 2019 and 2020.