Episode 29 of the Influencer Marketing Lab podcast where I speak with Calum Watson, Global Partnerships Director at Gymshark
The Influencer Marketing Lab podcast is sponsored by Tagger the data-driven influencer marketing platform and social listening tool.
Welcome to episode 29 of the Influencer Marketing Lab - a weekly podcast tracking the growth spurts and growing pains of influencer marketing.
This week I'm delighted to be in conversation with Calum Watson, Global Partnerships Director at Gymshark.
Podcast episode highlights
In this episode we discuss:
- What it means to be a human-to-human brand
- How the company pivoted its influencer content strategy when its core customers were suddenly unable to access the gym to workout or to work due to Covid-induced lockdowns
- Why the early days at Gymshark were like building the rocket ship whilst trying to fly it at the same time
- How Instagram, TikTok and Twitch are all utilised within Gymshark's marketing communications strategy
- How Gymshark is aiming to build a hundred-year brand
Calum Watson biography
Calum is responsible for both the growth and development of Gymshark’s global network across Sponsorship, Influencer Marketing, public relations and Brand Partnerships.
Hailing from Wicklow, Ireland, Calum has been in the Influencer Marketing space for the past 6 years, with most of his time being spent in the Health, Wellness and Sports space.
Subscribe to the Influencer Marketing Lab podcast
Want to get notified of new episodes directly on your phone? Subscribe to the Influencer Marketing Lab on your favourite app!