Episode 27 of the Influencer Marketing Lab podcast where I speak with Becky Owen, Facebook's head of branded content across Europe, the Middle East and Africa
The Influencer Marketing Lab podcast is sponsored by Tagger the data-driven influencer marketing platform and social listening tool.
Welcome to episode 27 of the Influencer Marketing Lab - a weekly podcast tracking the growth spurts and growing pains of influencer marketing.
This week I'm delighted to be in conversation with Becky Owen, Facebook's head of branded content across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Podcast episode highlights
In this episode we discuss:
- Social commerce and how important shoppable integration is to Facebook and to Instagram
- How Facebook has helped small business adapt to the new reality of being unable to trade physically during the Covid-induced lockdown
- Removing friction from the purchase process on social
- The power of storytelling within influencer marketing
- Instagram drops
- Augmented Reality
- And the ethical considerations surrounding Virtual Influencers
Becky Owen biography
Becky Owen is one of the UK’s leading experts on influencer marketing and branded content. With over 11 years experience working with some of the world’s most prestigious brands Becky is a highly respected thought-leader, speaker and consultant.
Having previously led digital partnerships for the Walt Disney Company and currently leading creator marketing across EMEA for Facebook & Instagram, Becky has been named one of the Top Global Trailblazers by Refinery 29.
She is the co-host of the Facebook show Boost My Business UK, a seasoned panelist, keynote speaker and a regular guest speaker at The University of Oxford. Becky is passionate about innovations within the influencer and branded content industry and its future.